Los Angeles, CA
- Asset management
- Life sciences
- Media & entertainment
- Not-for-profit & higher education
- Hospitality, construction & real estate
- Retail & consumer products
- Technology, media & telecommunications
- Growth advisory
- Commercial and growth
- Operations and performance
- Talent and culture
- Technology Enablement
Alasdair Trotter is the national managing principal of Growth Advisory within Grant Thornton’s Advisory Services practice. With more than 20 years of strategy and innovation experience, Trotter advises senior leaders on all aspects of navigating their organizations through transformational change. He works with senior-level teams to help clients foster new business models and identify high-potential, long-term growth opportunities.
Prior to joining Grant Thornton, Trotter was a partner and managing director at Innosight, the strategy and innovation practice of Huron Consulting. In that role, he served as the industry leader for financial services and the service-line leader for innovation capabilities. During his time at Innosight, he also invested in a variety of internal and external ventures, including Innosight Ventures, COGSecure, and Guaranteach, where he served as chief operating officer. Prior to joining Innosight, Trotter served as a senior business manager at Capital One, where he managed marketing strategy and led innovation for one of the company’s domestic credit card businesses.
Based in Los Angeles, Trotter is a frequent speaker and lecturer on strategy and innovation — and he has taught a variety of graduate-level classes at Stanford, New York University, and Dartmouth.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- Lecturer at Harvard Business Publishing
- Advisor to various organizations (the New Schools Venture Fund, Chaching)
- Guest lecturer on strategy & innovation at various schools (Stanford, NYU, Dartmouth, UTexas)
- Master’s degree in physics from the University of Oxford
- MBA with distinction from the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth, where he was elected an Edward Tuck Scholar.
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.