Mark A. Margulies
As a Partner in Grant Thornton’s Federal Tax Practice, Mark is responsible for leading client relationships and providing services across Florida’s five offices.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Real estate and construction
- Technology and telecommunications
- Private equity
- Strategic federal tax
- Tax reporting and advisory
- International tax
As an experienced leader, who’s accounting career spans more than 32 years, Mark serves as Grant Thornton’s managing partner for South Florida, which includes the firm offices in Miami and Fort Lauderdale. He most recently served as a senior partner in Grant Thornton’s corporate tax reporting and advisory practice. His prior roles in the firm include, national tax managing partner for Privately-Held Business, and tax practice leader for Grant Thornton’s southeast region.
Mark joined Grant Thornton in 1999 after a successful nine-year career with a Big 4 firm. Mark possesses in-depth consulting experience, serving diverse clients in both the private and public sectors. His primary technical background has focused primarily on corporate tax matters, with expertise in working with SEC registrants around accounting for income taxes. Mark also consults in areas such as tax accounting method selection and mergers/acquisition planning. Mark’s clients consider him a trusted business advisor, helping bring solutions to their Federal, Multi-State, and International tax demands.
Mark’s experience has crossed a variety of industries, most notably, technology, financial services, real estate, professional sports and manufacturing/distribution. Mark has worked with many of the significant public and private companies in South Florida over the years like The Geo Group, The Miami Dolphins, Citrix Systems, and Bayview Financial.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) – Member
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA) – Member
- University of Miami Citizen’s Board – Member
- University of Miami Accounting Advisory Council – Immediate Past Chair & Current Chair of Curriculum Committee
- Miami Dolphins Challenge Cancer-Sponsor, Heavy Hitter contributor
- Grant Thornton Political Action Committee-Board Member
Presentations and publications
- Mark authored an article talilored to venture-backed companies on “Choice of Entity” which can be found on our website, at www.GrantThornton.com/technology.
- Mark received a BBA in accounting and an MS in Taxation from the University of Miami