Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Real estate and construction
- Technology and telecommunications
- Private equity
- Strategic federal tax
- International tax
- Corporate tax
Mark is the managing partner for Grant Thornton’s Southeast region. In this role, he leads a talented team of Audit, Tax and Advisory professionals providing personalized, high-quality service for public and private clients across various industries. Mark also serves as the firm’s managing partner for South Florida, which includes offices in Miami and Fort Lauderdale. Prior roles at Grant Thornton have included: senior partner of the firm’s Corporate Tax Reporting and Advisory practice; national Tax managing partner for Privately-Held Business; and Tax practice leader for Grant Thornton’s Southeast region.
Mark joined Grant Thornton in 1999 after a successful nine-year career with a Big Four firm. He possesses in-depth consulting experience and a long track record of successfully serving clients in both the private and public sectors. Further, his technical background includes ample experience in corporate tax matters, including extensive practice working with SEC registrants around accounting for income taxes. Mark also consults in areas such as tax accounting method selection and mergers and acquisition planning. His clients consider him a trusted business advisor who helps deliver personalized solutions to their federal, multi-state and international tax demands.
Mark’s experience spans a variety of industries, most notably, technology, financial services, real estate, professional sports and manufacturing/distribution. He has worked with many significant public and private companies in South Florida over the years, including The GEO Group, the Miami Dolphins, Citrix Systems and Bayview Financial.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) – Member
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA) – Member
- University of Miami Citizen’s Board – Member
- University of Miami Accounting Advisory Council – Immediate Past Chair & Current Chair of Curriculum Committee
- Miami Dolphins Challenge Cancer-Sponsor, Heavy Hitter contributor
- Grant Thornton Political Action Committee – Board Chair
Presentations and publications
- Mark authored an article tailored to venture-backed companies on “Choice of Entity” which can be found on our website, at www.GrantThornton.com/technology.
- Mark received a BBA in accounting and an MS in Taxation from the University of Miami
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.