David Tyler is the National Managing Principal of Grant Thornton's Healthcare Practice. David oversees advisory, tax and audit services for the healthcare industry, collaborating with over 700 healthcare teammates to serve our 1,000 clients.
David has 30 years of experience primarily in the health system and health plan areas. His primary areas include finance, performance improvement, provider strategy, IT (EMR, ERP, BI, etc.), revenue cycle, managed care/payment models, M&A, strategic/business planning and payor operations.
- David has helped to drive growth and fiscal responsibility for multiple academic medical centers, for-profit and nonprofit systems, cancer, children’s, safety net and community hospitals. He has led projects in the areas of finance, revenue cycle, cost accounting/decision support, cost reduction, strategy, operations, M&A, IT strategy, EMR/ERP implementation, managed care and payment model redesign.
- He has served to drive financial and operational improvements for multiple health plan clients including commercial, Medicare, MAPD/PBM and Medicaid health plans. Clients include local, provider-owned, regional, BCBS and national for-profit health plans. He has led projects in areas including finance, provider acquisition and operation, claims operations, cost accounting/decision support, compliance, enrollment/disenrollment, affiliate company pricing analyses, contract load, appeals/grievance, case install, FWA, ERM and internal audits.
- David qualifies as an expert witness in written, deposition and trial testimony.
- He was founder/CEO of a financial services technology company, leading multiple rounds of private equity financing.
- He served as interim CEO of an employer-sponsored, consumer-driven healthcare company.
- Previous experience in healthcare advisory was at EY, Emory Healthcare, regional health systems and a publicly traded healthcare company.
Presentations and publications
- David frequently speaks on and authors healthcare and managed care topics.
- David serves on the Board of Directors of Youth Villages, Inc., a leading, non-profit behavioral health provider operating in 21 states across the US. Youth Villages has been recognized by the Harvard Business School and U.S. News & World Report and was identified by the White House as one of the nation’s most promising results-oriented nonprofit organizations.
- BA, Communications, University of Georgia
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.