- Accounting advisory
Warren has 30 years of U.S. and international accounting and auditing experience, including more than 18 years on location in Asia. An audit partner now based in Atlanta, Warren also leads Grant Thornton’s National China Business Group which coordinates professional services between the U.S. and China.
Warren recently completed an assignment as the U.S. resident partner in China. During this assignment, Warren was based in Shanghai and then Hong Kong to support client relationship management and as a technical resource for teams auditing clients with U.S. and statutory reporting obligations; including significant subsidiaries of U.S. based clients, foreign private issuers, and companies going public in the U.S.
Warren previously led audits of both public and private clients in California, Detroit and Philadelphia; including one of the largest SPAC mergers in history.
From 1996 to 2008, Warren was based in Shanghai and Beijing, where he led audits of and managed client relationships across Asia Pacific based subsidiaries of some of the world’s largest companies, including those with manufacturing operations in Australia, China, India, Japan, Korea, Singapore, and Thailand. Warren is fluent in Mandarin.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- Licensed U.S. Certified Public Accountant in Georgia and California
- Member of American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Walsh College’s Master of Accountancy Program – Former Adjunct Professor
- Drexel University’s Accounting Advisory Board and Master of Accountancy Program – Former Member and Adjunct Professor
- Master of Business Administration: International business emphasis with Chinese language qualification and Bachelor of Arts in Accounting and Chinese, all from the University of Utah’s David Eccles School of Business
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.