CHICAGO — Grant Thornton LLP, one of America’s largest audit, tax and advisory firms, has been named one of Seramount’s 2023 100 Best Companies for the 18th year in a row.
The 100 Best Companies list recognizes companies for how well they support employees and their families — honoring organizations that go beyond traditional parental leave with inclusive benefits such as paid gender-neutral parental leave, backup childcare, mental health resources and more.
“At Grant Thornton, we do everything with a people-focused mentality,” said Jeanna Shapiro, Grant Thornton’s chief people officer. “We understand that benefits are not one-size-fits-all, so we consistently listen to our people in order to design offerings and programs that meet their evolving needs. It helps us create an engaged workforce that can deliver personalized and integrated services to clients in a range of industries.”
Grant Thornton supports a host of parent-friendly benefits and initiatives, including:
- Paid gender-neutral parental leave for birth, adoption or guardianship of a child.
- Telecommuting and flexible work arrangements, including reduced work schedules, compressed work weeks and flexible days.
- Flexible time off, an industry-leading benefit enhancement that allows employees to take time off as needed to meet their individual needs instead of a predetermined set of paid time off days.
- Reimbursements for adoption and surrogacy as well as comprehensive fertility treatment coverage.
- Accommodations for pregnancy or pregnancy-related conditions as well as bereavement leave for pregnancy loss.
- Covering the cost of breast milk shipping when employees are traveling for work.
- Employee assistance programs that are available for employees and immediate family members who need support services such as stress management, counseling or access to additional care benefits.
- Free access to Care@Work’s premium membership through Care.com, which provides Grant Thornton professionals with up to 30 days per year of backup care as well as access to a network of caregivers and other services — including childcare, eldercare, pet care, housekeeping and other resources to support quality of life.
- Working Parents & Allies business resource group, which focuses on aligning parenting values to workplace expectations, including best practices for successful work-life integration.
“Our 100 Best Companies are going the extra mile to create inclusive work environments for their parents and caregivers,” says Subha V. Barry, president of Seramount. “In addition to gender-neutral parental leave, organizations are upping their benefit offerings to cover necessities like childcare and sick-child care. Not only that, they recognize that this generation of workers will likely have to care for a sick family member at some point and are providing the support to do so. We are proud to honor these forward-thinking companies.”
This acknowledgement from Seramount comes on the heels of recent awards and accolades for Grant Thornton. The firm recently earned a gold award in the “Best Program for Upskilling Employees” category for its digital badging program and Career Compass skills framework and a silver award in the “Best Blended Learning Program” category for its Manager Development Program by the Brandon Hall Group HCM Excellence Awards™. Grant Thornton was also named to the 2023 “Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion” list by Disability Equality Index®.
To learn more about Grant Thornton and its people-first culture, visit www.grantthornton.com/careers.
Seramount is a strategic professional services and research firm dedicated to supporting high-performing, inclusive workplaces. Over four decades, we've established a strong, data-driven understanding of the employee experience, which lays the groundwork for everything we do. Seramount partners with over 450 of the world’s most influential companies, large and small, to offer pragmatic solutions including best practice DEI research, workplace assessment, employee learning and development, and talent sourcing. These offerings empower companies to navigate a dynamic corporate environment and to cultivate a resilient, connected workforce that achieves extraordinary outcomes.
About Grant Thornton LLP
Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is one of America’s largest audit, tax and advisory firms — and the U.S. member firm of the Grant Thornton International Ltd global network. We go beyond the expected to make business more personal and build trust into every result. With revenues of $2.4 billion for the fiscal year that ended July 31, 2023, and almost 50 offices nationwide, Grant Thornton is a community of more than 9,000 problem solvers who value relationships and are ready to help organizations of all sizes and industries create more confident futures. Because, for us, how we serve matters as much as what we do.
“Grant Thornton” refers to Grant Thornton LLP, the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd (GTIL). GTIL and the member firms are not a worldwide partnership. Services are delivered by the member firms. GTIL and its member firms are not agents of, and do not obligate, one another and are not liable for one another’s acts or omissions.
More press releases
No Results Found. Please search again using different keywords and/or filters.