Kendra Decker is a partner with Grant Thornton’s National Professional Standards Group. She has more than 15 years of accounting and auditing experience in SEC regulatory, financial reporting and compliance matters.
Washington DC, Washington DC
- Technology and telecommunications
Kendra leads the SEC Regulatory Matters group in Grant Thornton LLP’s National Professional Standards Group and has over 20 years of financial reporting, accounting and auditing experience.
Kendra began her career in 1997 in the audit practice of Grant Thornton LLP where she served a wide array of public and private companies, primarily in the financial services and technology industries. In her role in audit, she was responsible for developing the audit plan, analyzing internal controls and policies, supervising audit personnel in performing audit procedures, preparing audit reports, and rendering recommendations for improved operations.
After nearly 10 years in audit, she transitioned to the National Professional Standards Group where she focuses on SEC regulatory, financial reporting and compliance issues. In this role, she assists the firm’s audit partners and managers in review of SEC filings, including responses to SEC staff comment letters, as well as helps establish and serves to ensure compliance with firm policies and procedures as it relates to SEC and PCAOB matters. She became Partner in 2010 and was promoted to her current role in 2018.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- Certified Public Accountant, Maryland and Virginia, and the District of Columbia
- Committee Member, Center for Audit Quality, SEC Regulations Committee
- Panelist, NASDAQ Listing Qualifications Hearing Panel
- Board Member, Salisbury University Accounting Advisory Board
- Board Member and Treasurer, Northern Virginia BMX Parents Association
- Kendra received her Bachelor of Science in accounting and business management from Salisbury University.