Tom joined Grant Thornton initially in December of 1993, then later served as the CFO of a public company from 2000-2003 and as a partner at a boutique firm, specializing in audits of public companies and SOX consulting from 2003-2005.
Salt Lake City, Utah
- Transportation, logistics, warehousing and distribution
Tom joined Grant Thornton initially in December of 1993, then later served as the CFO of a public company from 2000-2003 and as a partner at a boutique firm, specializing in audits of public companies and SOX consulting from 2003-2005. Tom returned to Grant Thornton in 2005. Since that time, Tom has led his teams in successfully delivering audit, process and control services locally and globally. As the National Professional Standards Partner in the West region of Grant Thornton, Tom works with many private and public company audit teams on matters of audit professional standards, independence and accounting principles. He is actively involved in training Grant Thornton senior auditors, managers and partners nationally.
Tom serves clients in a variety of industries, focusing, in particular, on providing audit and related services for clients in a myriad of industries. He understands the complexity of the regulatory, international and other multifaceted issues that companies in these industries face.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- CPA — Utah
- Utah Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Tom is currently an associate professor at the University of Utah, David Eccles School of Business. He formulates and executes a case driven curriculum relating to financial statement and control audits at the graduate level.
- Master of Professional Accounting, University of Utah
- BS, Accounting, University of Utah
- Graduate from the Dale Carnegie Institute.