- Private equity
- Real estate and construction
- Asset management
Kathryn McMurray is a tax partner in Grant Thornton’s Houston location. Kathryn has experience in tax consulting and tax return preparation and review to ensure compliance and mitigate risk.
Kathryn has 18 years of public accounting experience which includes providing tax consulting and tax compliance services to private equity, real estate, and financial services companies. Kathryn specializes in Subchapter K tax issues and has worked extensively in the Private Equity and Alternative Investment industries.
Specific experience includes:
- Preparation and review of federal, state, and international tax return filings
- Consultation regarding corporate formation, liquidation, taxable stock and asset sales, and tax-free reorganizations
- Development and implementation of tax planning strategies for partnerships
- Consultation regarding and compliance with special allocations of income and deductions and Section 704(b) capital account reconciliations, including Section 754 elections and Section 734 and 743 basis adjustments
- Preparation and review of annual and interim tax provisions in accordance with ASC 740, for both large public and private clients
- Consultation regarding federal tax treatment of uncollected accrued interest and income recognition/recovery for deeply discounted debt securities.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- CPA - Texas and the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Level 1c Lean Six Sigma Certification
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- BBA, College of William & Mary, summa cum laude
- MS in Taxation, American University
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.