- Real estate and construction
- Technology and telecommunications
- Transportation, logistics, warehousing and distribution
- Retail and consumer products
- Valuation and modeling
Keith Klemowits, Managing Director in the Corporate Value Consulting practice of Grant Thornton LLP, is the leader of the Capital Asset Solutions group and has over eighteen years of experience advising domestic and international corporations on the valuation of tangible assets, business valuation, intangible assets, intellectual property, corporate securities, and partnership interests of privately-held, and publicly traded businesses.
His valuation projects serve a variety of purposes, including but not limited to mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, financial and tax reporting, fresh start accounting, litigation, and general corporate planning. Mr. Klemowits valuation experience for tangible assets has included individual locations to large scale operations, with premises of value ranging from forced liquidation to fair value in use. He has extensive experience with tangible and intangible valuations relating to GAAP, IFRS, including business combinations, impairment testing, and fair value reporting.
Mr. Klemowits has provided expertise in tangible and intangible consulting services to clients in numerous industries including utilities, energy, alternative energy, exploration and productions, oil and gas, mining, transportation, heavy manufacturing, aerospace, defense, hospitality and gaming, restaurant, retail, beverage, consumer products, telecom, chemical plants, rail road, airlines, shipping, health care, construction, and technology.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- ASA – Accredited Senior Appraiser, American
- CEIV - Certified in Entity and Intangible Valuations
Presentations and publications
- Discount for Lack of Marketability and Control
October 2015 – Louisiana CPA Society
- Economic Obsolescence in Midstream Oil&Gas Pipelines
April 2014 – ASA Energy Conference
- Financial Reporting of Intangible Assets
July 2011 and November 2013 - Halliburton
- Bay Area Houston Ballet & Theatre
- MBA - Finance – Marquette University
- BS Metallurgical Engineering – UW Milwaukee
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.