- Real estate and construction
- Technology and telecommunications
- Private equity
- Strategic federal tax
- International tax
- Restructuring and turnaround
- Private wealth services
- Transaction advisory
Bryan Benoit is a partner in the US Strategy and Transactions practice and the Global Valuation Co-Leader. Further, he is a principal in Grant Thornton Financial Advisors LLC, providing fairness opinions and other board services. In addition, he serves as the US National Managing Partner, Energy.
Bryan specializes in providing opinions to U.S. and international corporations for transaction, tax, financial reporting and dispute purposes. With over 35 years of experience in corporate finance, restructuring, accounting and valuation, Bryan advises chief financial and accounting officers, tax executives, boards of directors and legal counsel, and provides opinions on value.
Prior to joining Grant Thornton, Bryan was managing director in charge of the Houston office of Duff & Phelps (formerly Standard & Poor’s) and a partner in the international accounting firm of PricewaterhouseCoopers.
Bryan has authored a number of published works and seminars on valuation. He has been published and quoted in Bloomberg M&A and Intellectual Property Law, The Wall Street Journal, Harvard Business School case studies, and other publications.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV)
- Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA)
- Certified Licensing Professional (CLP)
- Investment Advisor (Series 65)
Presentations and publications
- Power and Utilities Get Serious about Green
- Yahoo Finance: Will Bigger Be Better for Oil and Gas Players
- Yahoo Money: RV and Truck Sales Point to Strong 2021 Oil Demand
- Yahoo Finance: Why the energy sector downturn is more pronounced now than in prior cycles
- Hart Energy: Grant Thornton’s Bryan Benoit Talks Oil Industry Recovery
- Renewable Energy Outlook and Trends
- Commonwealth LNG
- Joe Biden: Pro-Oil President?
- Permian consolidations set high standards
- 2020 was the year clean energy beat big oil
- Recovery is a long way off for oil and gas
- Energy policy update in a Biden presidency
- Next shoe to drop: Energy sector braces for potential credit crunch
- Commodity price, shale oil asset value and cancelation of debt
- Thermal Coal, Now and Next
- Author, “A Wealth of Information in Financial Disclosures May Be Useful in Intellectual Property Litigation,” Bloomberg Law Reports, Sept. 15, 2008, Vol. 2, No. 37.
- Co-author, “SFAS 157: An Overview of Fair Value and Valuation Standards for Intangibles,” Business Valuation Review, Winter 2007, Vol. 26, Issue 4, pp. 106–110.
- Co-author, “Avoiding the Patent Storm,” Intellectual Asset Management, October/November 2006.
- Author, “From Financial Statements to Financings,” The Deal, Jan. 26, 2004.
- MBA, Finance and Accounting, Louisiana State University
- BS, cum laude, Computer Science, University of Louisiana at Lafayette
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.