- Real estate and construction
- Transportation, logistics, warehousing and distribution
William Stickney is a Tax Services partner in Grant Thornton’s Philadelphia office. He has more than 20 years of experience in public accounting. He has significant know-how in the retail, manufacturing, distribution and service sectors. Stickney is responsible for delivering a broad range of tax planning services to his clients, including the structuring of new business ventures, the implementation of state and local tax minimization strategies, international taxation, IRS dispute resolution, and individual, trust and estate taxation.
Stickney has particular experience advising middle-market private and public companies on tax and business issues and the sale or purchase of a business. He has been a frequent speaker on a variety of topics, including estate and succession planning, M&A issues, tax accounting methods and the taxation of S corporations.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- CPA — Pennsylvania
- PICPA, Philadelphia Chapter, Federal Tax Committee, Co-Chair
- Drexel University, Accounting Department, Advisory Board
- AchieveAbility, Board Member
- MS, Taxation, Villanova University
- BS, Accounting, Neumann College
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.