- Not-for-profit and higher education
- Financial transformation
- Operational and organizational transformation
- Technology alliances
- Technology transformation
- Growth and transformation
- Valuation and modeling
- Restructuring and turnaround
- Cyber security and privacy
- Forensics investigations and disputes
- Accounting advisory
- Private company audit
- Privacy and data protection
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Integration and separations
Mike Sorelle is an Audit Services partner and the Atlantic Coast market territory Health Care practice leader. He is based in the Philadelphia office and also serves on Grant Thornton's national Health Care leadership team. Sorelle has more than 30 years of diversified health care and not-for-profit experience, including health systems, acute care hospitals, ambulatory care centers, long-term care facilities, physician practice organizations, specialty care hospitals, behavioral health providers and managed care organizations.
He spent part of his career working at a Big Four firm. His experience includes handling accounting and auditing issues, joint venture transactions, bond financings, feasibility studies, MA analyses, reimbursement issues (including cost report reviews), financial advising, and single audit auditing and reporting. He has deep relationships with the underwriters, investment bankers, local banks, attorneys and other local health care leaders. He is a regular presenter at many internal and external continuing professional education sessions.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- CPA — New Jersey, New York, Delaware, Pennsylvania
- New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Healthcare Financial Management Association
- BS, Accounting, Rowan University (formerly Glassboro State College)
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.