- Real estate and construction
- Technology and telecommunications
- Transportation, logistics, warehousing and distribution
- Retail and consumer products
- Private equity
- State and local tax
Based in Philadelphia, Matthew Melinson is responsible for all aspects of multistate tax consulting, planning and compliance within Grant Thornton LLP. He is the State and Local Tax (SALT) practice leader of Grant Thornton’s Atlantic Coast market territory, which includes over 50 SALT bodies in the Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey and New England areas. The practice includes income/franchise, sales/use and real/personal property tax specialists, as well as credits and incentives professionals.
Melinson is the editor of the State and Local Tax column and a member of the editorial board of the Pennsylvania CPA Journal. He has been an adjunct professor at Philadelphia University’s Masters of Taxation program for approximately 10 years, teaching SALT. He was appointed to Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter's Task Force on Tax Policy and Economic Competitiveness in 2009. He is currently a member of the Philadelphia Department of Revenue Commissioner’s Tax Advisory Committee. Melinson is a speaker at many business and tax conferences, including for the Institute for Professionals in Taxation, Council on State Taxation and Tax Executives Institute. He is also the author of numerous articles.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- CPA — Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants, former executive committee member and Greater Philadelphia chapter president
- Philadelphia University, Adjunct Professor
- City of Philadelphia, Department of Revenue Commissioner's Tax Advisory Committee
Presentations and publications
- Editorial board member, Pennsylvania CPA Journal
- Master’s of Taxation, Villanova University
- BS, Accounting, LaSalle University
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.