Managing Director, Advisory
Matt is a Managing Director in Grant Thornton’s Risk Advisory Insurance Practice.
Matt is a Managing Director in Grant Thornton’s Risk Advisory Insurance Practice. Matt is a Project Management Professional (PMP) and Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA). Matt has deep and extensive experience in Internal audit and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance for insurance carriers. He leads IA innovation and the technology risk solutions, including IT audit and control automation, for the industry practice.
He has run large global Internal Audit programs and SOX implementations. He has worked with fortune 500 companies on evaluating and improving the efficiency and effectiveness of their audit programs. He has also led the integration of offshore teams to ensure the highest quality, while minimizing the cost of delivery.
Matt is a Certified Project Management Professional and Certified Information Systems Auditor - C.I.S.A
Presentations and publications
- “Control automation is the future”, Corporate Risk and Insurance 10/2019
- “Manage risks, not rituals”, Grant Thornton, March 2020
- “Disruptive Innovation Disrupting Internal Audit”, The Institue of Internal Auditors, 5/21
- “Best Practices for Project Assurance: Pre/Post-implementation system reviews”, 4/21
- B.S., Business Administration. Decision and System Sciences, Saint Joseph’s University in Philadelphia, PA 2006
- Project Management Professional – PMP - Certified
- Certified Information Systems Auditor - C.I.S.A- Certified
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.