Dewayne Southern is an Audit Services partner in Grant Thornton’s Raleigh office and also leads the Technology Industry Practice in the Carolinas. Southern serves technology, manufacturing, distribution and services clients.
Raleigh, North Carolina
- Technology and telecommunications
- Transportation, logistics, warehousing and distribution
- Public company audit
- Private company audit
- Accounting advisory
- Employee benefit plan audits
- International audit
Dewayne Southern is an Audit Services partner and the Office Managing Partner of Grant Thornton's Raleigh office. He also leads Grant Thornton's Technology Industry Practice in the Carolinas. Dewayne serves both public and private technology, manufacturing, distribution and services clients. He has significant SEC experience and has served public companies his entire career.
Dewayne also has IFRS experience, and the majority of his clients have significant international operations. In addition to providing standard assurance services, Dewayne has experience in SOX Section 404 internal control implementations and with experience mergers and acquisitions, including performing due diligence and consulting on purchase accounting and financial reporting. He also has significant experience in public and private debt and equity offerings, and consulting on internal controls and process improvements.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- CPA — North Carolina (#25716)
- North Carolina Associated of Certified Public Accountants
- Junior Achievement of Central North Carolina, Treasurer
- Communities in Schools of Wake County, Board Member
- Greensboro Children’s Museum, Finance Committee
- MS, University of North Carolina – Greensboro