Christopher H. Summer
Partner, International Tax Services
Chris is the leader of Grant Thornton’s International Tax Analytics initiative as well as the Carolinas international tax practice leader.
- Technology and telecommunications
- Life sciences
- International tax
Christopher H. Summer
Chris is the leader of Grant Thornton’s International Tax Analytics initiative as well as the Carolinas international tax practice leader. He has over 17 years of experience in international and corporate tax consulting and compliance.
Chris has broad consulting experience in many industries including technology, manufacturing, and life sciences. His clients range from closely held to publicly traded companies.
Chris’s specific experience includes:
- Firm leader in modeling impacts of the 2017 TCJA for multi-national businesses, including export incentives.
- Leading International Tax Analytics projects for the firm, including international restructurings to optimize effective tax rates.
- Identification and implementation of tax-efficient transfer pricing-related strategies, including the tax-efficient ownership and development of intellectual property
- Leader of international tax inbound investment practice
Chris is the local champion of the Disabilities Allies Business Group at Grant Thornton
Chris serves as the assistant scout master for BSA Troop 173 in Harrisburg NC, coaches youth sports and youth robotics. His youth VEX robotics teams have routinely placed in the top 10 in the world out of over 2,000 teams.
- Chris holds a Bachelor of Science degree in accounting from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. He also holds a Master of Accounting degree with a concentration in taxation from the same institution.
- Chris is a certified public accountant and a member of the AICPA.
- Chris has presented on Grant Thornton webcasts on Earnings and Profits (2016) and International Tax Analytics (2017). Chris has also presented with Thomson Reuters to discuss the integration of the Grant Thornton Analyze process with the OneSource International Tax Calculators well as NC TECH, 2021 Tax and Tech, Ever Changing and Converging.