- Hospitality and restaurants
- Life sciences
- Transportation, logistics, warehousing and distribution
- Private wealth services
- Partnership taxation
- Corporate tax
Russell B. Norris
Russell Norris serves as Grant Thornton LLP’s national managing partner of Transportation. In this role, he oversees the growth and operations of the firm’s Transportation industry practice, which encompasses a full range of audit, tax and advisory services.
Norris has 18 years of public accounting experience serving clients in many industries — including transportation, distribution and manufacturing — through innovative consulting projects and tax reporting. He is also a member of the firm’s Corporate Tax practice, with particular focus on serving C corporations, S corporations and pass-through owners.
Norris has served on corporate, tax reform, revenue recognition and accounting methods technical teams throughout his career, with emphasis on the development of tools and innovative solutions to address client needs. He also frequently speaks and writes on these topics and other taxation issues in the transportation industry.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- Certified public accountant in North Carolina
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants
- American Trucking Associations
- National Accounting and Finance Council
- Former Board Chair for Bright Blessings
- North Carolina Trucking Association Emerging Leaders Development Program
- Boy Scouts of America
- Charlotte Chamber Young Professionals
- Bachelor of Arts, Wake Forest University
- Master’s degree in Accountancy, University of North Carolina at Wilmington
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.