Charlotte, North Carolina
- Manufacturing, Transportation & Distribution
- Retail & consumer products
- Audit & assurance
- Employee benefit plan audits
Brian is a Managing Director in Grant Thornton's Audit Methodology and Standards Group. Brian joined the group in 2011. During Brian's time working for the National Professional Standards Group, he has helped the firm focus on improving audit quality. Specifically, he has served as a member of the Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR) task force; the focus of which was to increase the effectiveness with new guidance and tools., Brian is responsible for technology and tools provided to the audit practice.
Prior to joining the Audit Methodology and Standards Group, Brian was a manager in Grant Thornton's Carolinas audit practice. During his 16 years of public accounting experience, Brian has served a wide variety of SEC registrants and privately held companies in the manufacturing and consumer and industrial products industries.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- CPA – North Carolina
- North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Brian holds both a B.S. in Business Administration with a concentration in Finance and a Masters of Accountancy from the University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill.
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.