Charlotte, North Carolina
- Real estate and construction
- Transportation, logistics, warehousing and distribution
- State and local tax
Kelli A. Knoble
Kelli Knoble is the national managing partner of Wealth and Human Capital Services at Grant Thornton LLP. In this role, she oversees the growth and operations of the firm’s Human Capital Services and Private Wealth Services practices. She also serves as chair of the firm’s Partnership Board and is a member of the Grant Thornton International Tax Advisory Council, which comprises of the largest Grant Thornton member firms and is responsible for setting and executing a global tax strategy.
With nearly 30 years of experience in the tax profession, Kelli has served clients in many industries including manufacturing, services, distribution, retail, transportation and private equity. Her career has been focused on all aspects of state and local tax planning and risk management, and she has advised clients on mergers and acquisitions, reorganizations and audit defenses.
Kelli has served in a variety of leadership roles at Grant Thornton, including Tax practice leader for the Carolinas and regional Tax leader for the Southeast and East regions. She most recently served as a national leader for the firm’s Tax business lines, where she oversaw the operations of the firm’s International Tax, M&A, Human Capital Services and Tax Digital Consulting practices.
Prior to joining Grant Thornton in 2003, Kelli worked for Arthur Andersen for 10 years.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- North Carolina Certified Public Accountant
- North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Former Board Chair for NCACPA
- Former Board Chair-Communities in Schools Charlotte
- Leadership Charlotte – Class 31
- Women in Business Award Charlotte 2011
- Master of Accounting, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- BS, Business Administration, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.