Charlotte, North Carolina
- Strategic federal tax
- Tax reporting and advisory
Russell A. Daniel is a partner in the Tax Services practice in Charlotte, and leads the Mid-South market territory’s Tax Services practice. He assists clients in identifying and evaluating tax risks and opportunities in connection with transactions, including M&A, and implementing federal tax planning strategies. With more than 17 years of experience, he has worked with numerous financial and strategic buyers in structuring acquisitions, buyouts, recapitalizations and internal reorganizations. Daniel is experienced in leveraged buyouts, acquisitions of financially troubled companies, tax-basis planning, transaction cost analysis, S corporations, net operating loss and Section 382 planning, and bankruptcy.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- CPA — North Carolina (#26423)
- Association for Corporate Growth
- Former Member, McColl Center for Visual Art
- Former Chairman, Substance Abuse Prevention Services
- Member, Urban Ministry Center
Presentations and publications
- Tax Executives Institute Regional Conferences and National M&A Conference, Presenter
- National Automobile Dealer Association, Presenter
- American Trucking Association, Presenter
- “Alternative Basis Step-up Transactions: Leveraging Disregarded Entities in an F Reorg,” The Tax Adviser, Author.
- BS, Accountancy, Wake Forest University
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.