New York, New York
- Not-for-profit & higher education
Dan is a partner and leads Grant Thornton's Not-for-Profit Tax practice which serves tax-exempt organizations including colleges & universities, hospitals, private foundations, cultural institutions & trade associations throughout the country. For nearly 30 years Dan has provided tax consulting and compliance services to tax-exempt organizations on such matters as unrelated business income, joint venture structuring, employment taxes, private benefit issues and other compliance needs. For clients, Dan has facilitated tax minimization, contract review and structuring, operational, governance and procedural reviews as it relates to tax matters. Dan has worked with numerous charities, universities, foundations and other not-for-profit organizations across the country, including some of the most prominent institutions within their fields.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- Dan is a board member and treasurer of Oceanic Global Foundation.
- He is a member of the AICPA and the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants.
- He is also a board member of Mission Magazine and the Italian American Sport Foundation.
Presentations and publications
- Dan is a frequent speaker at not-for-profit and higher education industry seminars and has led and created training sessions on applicable tax matters for firm staff as well as industry groups. Dan is the co-author of the firm’s publication - Establishing and Maintaining a Private Foundations.
- Dan graduated from Baruch College with a B.B.A. degree in Accounting.
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.