New York, NY
- Retail and consumer products
- Technology and telecommunications
Mike Notarangelo is an experienced partner with a proven track record serving our firm’s largest clients. He is currently an audit Partner based in the Northeast Region that extends from New York to Boston and is Grant Thornton’s National Private Equity Audit Leader.
Mike is responsible for overseeing audits of privately owned and publicly traded companies, including private equity sponsored companies. Mike has served clients primarily in the consumer industrial and branded retail product manufacturing, technology and insurance industries.
Mike has significant experience with private equity and capital markets activity including mergers, acquisitions and recapitalizations, secondary public equity and debt offerings, and private placements.
Mike is experienced in conducting worldwide audits in accordance with U.S. PCAOB standards, U.S. GAAS and NAIC Model Audit Rule and has extensive experience with financial reporting under U.S. GAAP, SEC reporting and statutory accounting principles. Areas of expertise include revenue recognition, mergers and acquisitions, income taxes, debt and equity transactions, among others.
Mike is recognized by his clients for providing high-quality, hands-on client service and business advice. He takes great care to ensure his teams approach each client engagement proactively and with frequent communication. He prides himself on forming lasting client and professional relationships.
Mike is a member of Grant Thornton’s National Private Equity Leadership team responsible for managing our relationships with private equity firms and their portfolio businesses. In this role Mike is responsible for ensuring our audit teams deliver best in class service to the private equity community.
Mike is also the partner-in-charge of campus recruiting at the University of Connecticut and actively supports our campus recruiting efforts across the Northeast Region.
Boards and Affiliations
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Connecticut (Board of Directors)
- UConn Accounting Department Advisory Board (incoming member)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (member)
- Connecticut Society of Certified Public Accountants (member)
- CTCPA ETF Golf Tournament Committee (past member and Chair)
- UConn Masters of Science in Accounting Alumni Advisory Board (past member)
- Mike earned a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (Cum Laude) and Master of Science in Accounting from the University of Connecticut.
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.