Nishit Mehta has more than 19 years of public accounting experience and specializes in advising private and public real estate companies on matters of accounting and financial reporting.
New York, New York
- Real estate and construction
- Hospitality and restaurants
- IPO journey
- Accounting advisory
- Lease accounting
- Public company audit
Nishit Mehta has more than 19 years of public accounting experience and specializes in advising private and public real estate companies on matters of accounting and financial reporting. He is experienced in working with underwriters on both initial and secondary public offerings and the reporting requirements of Rule 3-14. He serves as a national technical accounting resource to our Construction, Real Estate, Hospitality and Restaurant (CRHR) practice. He also helps clients with the raising of capital for transactions, the implementation of new accounting standards, lease accounting, variable interest entities, debt modifications and other real estate issues. Mehta also serves as the lead technical resource for the new revenue recognition standard for the CRHR practice.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- CPA —Maryland (#4304855) and New York (#121812)
- Member of Best Financial Practices Council and Accounting Committee, National Association of Real Estate Investments Trusts
- BS, Accounting, North Carolina State University