New York, New York
- Manufacturing, Transportation & Distribution
- Technology, media & telecommunications
- Transportation & distribution
- Retail & consumer products
- Private equity
- Hospitality & Restaurants
- Audit & assurance
Carlos Ferreira is the managing partner of Grant Thornton’s Northeast region. In this role, he leads a dedicated team of Audit, Tax and Advisory professionals based in multiple major markets, providing strategic direction to ensure clients receive personalized, high-quality service. He also serves at the global co-head of Transaction Advisory Services at Grant Thornton International Limited. Prior to taking on his current role leading the Northeast region, he served as the firm’s national managing partner for Private Equity and Northeast region Advisory practice leader.
During his almost 28 years in professional services, he has developed considerable acumen in buy- and sell-side transaction-advisory services. He has also helped business owners and investors around the globe create value through inorganic growth strategies, while executing on due diligence engagements to identify the risks and upsides in a deal. He has served clients in multiple industries and cross-border transactions in Europe, South America, Southern Africa, North America and Asia. Ferreira has been recognized by M&A Advisor as a 40 Under 40 Awards recipient, and has been featured in various publications and media outlets such as Bloomberg radio, the Journal of Private Equity, Economics Week and PE Analyst.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- CPA (New York and New Jersey)
- Charted Accountant (South Africa)(inactive)
- Served on the board of the Association for Corporate Growth (New York chapter) for eight years
- University of South Africa (UNISA), Honors Degree in Accounting Sciences
- University of Pretoria, Bachelor of Commerce Degree
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.