Long Island, New York
- Not-for-profit and higher education
- Retail and consumer products
Jennifer Hoffman is an Audit Services partner in Grant Thornton’s Long Island office, a fully dedicated member of the East region Not-for-Profit practice and is the partner-in-charge of the metro New York Not-for-Profit practice. She joined Grant Thornton in September 2003 after spending eight years at a Big Four firm. Hoffman was selected by Long Island Business News as a member of their “Top 40 Under 40” Class of 2010, and was included in the “Who’s Who in Women in Professional Services” in the 2010 edition.
Hoffman has more than 17 years of experience serving clients in the not-for-profit sector, including social services and religious organizations, foundations, and higher education institutions. Hoffman also serves as the primary concurring reviewer for not-for-profit engagements in metro New York. Hoffman is a member of the AICPA’s Not-for-Profit Expert Panel and has served on a task force responsible for reviewing and writing for the AICPA’s not-for-profit Audit Risk Alerts and the Not-for-Profit Disclosure Checklist. She is a frequent speaker at industry conferences, including the annual AICPA Not-for-Profit Industry Conference and AICPA webcasts and podcasts. Hoffman is also the East region leader of the Women at Grant Thornton initiative.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- CPA — New York
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Long Island Chapter, Advisory Board Member
- Catholic Health Systems, Continuing Care Division, Board Member; Audit & Compliance Committee Member
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, Team in Training, Mentor; Training Captain
- East Islip Soccer Club
- Girl Scouts of Suffolk County
- BS, Accounting, State University of New York at Albany
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.