Kansas City, Missouri
- Transportation, logistics, warehousing and distribution
- Asset management
- Private equity
Greg Payne has more than 26 years of experience working with growth-oriented public entities and privately held businesses. He is currently Grant Thornton’s market managing partner in Kansas City, and prior to this role, he led the market’s Audit practice. He also serves on the firm’s Professional Excellence Committee, overseeing all partner-related matters associated with quality and professional conduct.
He has significant SEC experience with IPOs and Sarbanes-Oxley integrated audits. He has also participated in numerous transaction support engagements and due diligence evaluations.
Throughout his successful career, Greg has served clients in manufacturing and distribution, energy, construction and the services sector. As market managing partner, Greg leads the Kansas City market while also serving Omaha and Iowa.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- Kansas City Chamber of Commerce – Centurions Alumni
- CPA — Kansas, Missouri
- Missouri Society of Certified Public Accountants
- University of Kansas Accounting and Information Systems Program, Advisory Council
- Kansas City Chamber of Commerce, Centurions Member
- Community LINC, Board of Directors, Treasurer
- BS, Business Administration, Accounting, University of Kansas
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.