- Technology and telecommunications
- Transportation, logistics, warehousing and distribution
- Retail and consumer products
- International tax
- Transaction advisory
Tim is a partner and international tax practice leader with Grant Thornton's Minneapolis office. Tim also leads the national practice in the IC-DISC export incentives area for Grant Thornton's US firm. Tim has over 18 years of experience in public accounting dealing primarily with corporate tax compliance and consulting as well as ASC 740 computations and analysis for many Grant Thornton and non-Grant Thornton audit clients.
Tim advises many US and non-US multinationals on their international structuring, planning, and compliance. Tim has extensive experience in many corporate and international technical areas including Global Intangible Low-Taxed Income ('GILTI'), Foreign-Derived Intangible Income ('FDII'), repatriation, foreign tax credit planning, reorganizations, consolidated tax return issues, and IC-DISC. Tim works primarily with clients in the technology, medical technology, software, consumer and industrial products, retail, and transportation areas.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Hockey coach
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting, University of Minnesota
- Masters of Business Taxation in Accounting, University of Minnesota
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.