Amy J. Roberts
National Managing Partner, Tax Practice Leader
Amy is an experienced Partner with a demonstrated history of working in the public accounting industry. She has strong entrepreneurial skills, as demonstrated by leading local and national practices.
- Technology and telecommunications
- Transportation, logistics, warehousing and distribution
- Retail and consumer products
- Private equity
- Hospitality and restaurants
- Strategic federal tax
- Private wealth services
- Private client services
- Partnership taxation
- Corporate tax
Amy is an experienced Partner with a demonstrated history of working in the public accounting industry. She has strong entrepreneurial skills, as demonstrated by leading local and national practices. Amy has proven people skills and specialized tax experience in corporate, partnership, and individual taxation. She is familiar with public and privately held businesses and focused on innovation and growth. As the national tax leader for privately held business, Amy is focused on ensuring our teams have the quality, insights and solutions to help their clients succeed.
Amy has over 30 years of professional tax experience working with and closely held companies providing a broad range of services including compliance, consulting, and tax planning for both business and individual tax issues. She has extensive experience working with her clients on tax structuring, acquisition and divestitures of entities, as well as federal, state and local, and international tax consulting in order to minimize tax and maximize cash flow.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- CPA — Minnesota
- Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants
- National Association of Stock Plan Professionals, Past President
- Hopkins Education Foundation, Treasurer
- Ronald McDonald House Upper Midwest Charities, Former Treasurer
- Master's of Business Taxation, University of Minnesota
- BS, Accounting, Mankato State University
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.