- Real estate and construction
- Technology and telecommunications
- Transportation, logistics, warehousing and distribution
- Private equity
- State and local tax
- Strategic federal tax
- International tax
- Corporate tax
Jared S. Novotny
Jared Novotny is a Partner in the tax department of Grant Thornton's Minneapolis office. Jared has worked in Grant Thornton's Minneapolis office for over 15 years. He has experience serving public, closely held and private equity-owned companies.
Jared serves a wide range of industries including: manufacturing, distribution, construction, food & beverage and technology. Jared works closely with and has strong technical knowledge of C-Corporations, S-Corporations and Accounting for Income Taxes (ASC740). Jared's experience helps him understand his client's needs and offer tailored solutions for tax planning and risk reduction.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Board of Trustees Member (former) for non-profit, Merrick Inc., an organization that helps provide employment opportunities for developmentally disabled adults.
Presentations and publications
- Jared has presented tax technical updates at the Construction Financial Management Association’s (CFMA) Annual Conference (MN chapter) and has spoken at the University of Minnesota, Masters of Business Tax alumni events. Jared has also presented tax updates for National CFMA webcasts.
- Jared has had articles published in the Construction Accounting & Taxation Journal, Minnesota Society of CPA’s “Footnote” publication and twice in the CFMA’s Building Profits magazine.
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Accounting, University of St. Thomas (St. Paul, MN)
- Masters of Business Taxation, University of Minnesota, Carlson School of Business
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.