Meredith Murphy is a Director in Grant Thornton LLP’s Advisory Services practice and is based in Minneapolis, MN.
Meredith Murphy has spent over 16 years helping clients create value, protect value and transform. Meredith has spent her career developing and executing growth strategies, enabling clients with analytic insights, and providing forensic and investigative expertise.
Meredith is a Director in Grant Thornton’s Analytics Center of Excellence where she drives value and growth for clients through the launch and adoption of analytic solutions.
Prior to Grant Thornton LLP, Meredith worked in the Dispute Analysis and Investigations practice of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP.
- Analytics: Responsible for the development and implementation of analytic solutions to drive growth and profitability to our clients and Grant Thornton.
- Strategy & Execution: Partner with clients and Grant Thornton leadership to develop strategic business plans, drive value and growth, and deploy best-in-class project and change management strategies and methodologies.
- Litigation: Specialize in “bet the company” or high risk litigation involving large sets of complex data. Assess case facts and data analytics to develop defense strategies.
- Investigations: Experienced in assisting companies, regulators and legal counsel with domestic and international investigations.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)
- Master of Managed Change® Certification, Level I
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Association of Certified Anti- Money Laundering Specialists
Presentations and publications
- “Fraud Watch: Financial Deception Can Flourish in Good Times and Bad,” Arizona Business, May 2010
- “Getting in the Game: A Guide to Successful Gaming Company Compliance,” The Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering, 2009
- Co-author, "Data Analytics: A Road Map for Expanding Analytics Capabilities," The Institute of Internal Auditors Research Foundation, 2018.
- MBA and BS Finance, Arizona State University, W.P. Carey School of Business