David A. Platt
David Platt is Grant Thornton’s East Region managing partner. He had recently been the Northeast Region managing partner and before that he had been the New England Managing Partner.
David Platt is Grant Thornton’s East Region managing partner. He had recently been the Northeast Region managing partner and before that he had been the New England Managing Partner. David had been the CEO of CCR LLP, one of the largest non-national CPA/Wealth management firms in the United States with offices throughout New England, Florida and Canada. CCR was acquired by Grant Thornton. Earlier in his career, he had many years of Big Four experience with Ernst & Young in New York City and Boston. With more than 32 years of experience, David’s specialties include strategic planning, corporate board governance, corporate profitability enhancements, mergers and acquisition services, as well as divestitures. David has extensive experience as an Audit partner servicing a multitude of industries including manufacturing, wholesale/distribution, financial services and other commercial entities.
David formally served on Boards of various companies and is active in the New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island and Massachusetts communities. He is the former Vice Chair of the Rhode Island Board of Accountancy.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- Rhode Island, Massachusetts and New York Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Rhode Island, Massachusetts and New York State Boards of Accountancy
- American Association of Attorney-Certified Public Accountants
- JD, Roger Williams University School of Law—Corporate concentration
- BS, The Citadel (The Military College of South Carolina)-Honors, Senior Class President