Warren W. Stippich
Warren is the National Managing Partner Quality and Risk for Advisory Services. In his quality and risk role, Warren oversees quality and risk management. Warren leads the Firm's Covid-19 pandemic response and coordinates the related Task Force.
- Technology and telecommunications
- Not-for-profit and higher education
- Transportation, logistics, warehousing and distribution
- Asset management
Warren is the National Managing Partner Quality and Risk for Advisory Services. In his quality and risk role, Warren oversees quality and risk management. Warren leads the Firm's Covid-19 pandemic response and coordinates the related Task Force. In his client serving role, Warren has over 30 years of experience working with multi-national, entrepreneurial, and high-growth public companies, including boards of directors and audit committees.
Warren brings experience to the enterprise risk management, business risk consulting and internal audit services areas from both the public accounting firm and industry perspectives. He leads many Sarbanes-Oxley consulting, internal audit services including Quality Assurance Review projects for a wide-array of publicly traded and private businesses with international operations.
He has worked extensively with international internal audit, Sarbanes-Oxley and business consulting assignments in the Americas, Europe, Eastern Europe, Middle-East, Asia-Pacific, Australia and Africa. He has lectured and is published on data analytics, governance, risk, audit committee readiness and compliance and is quoted extensively. Warren began his career with Arthur Andersen in the external audit practice and later in the internal audit services practice.
Later, he joined DEKALB Genetics Corporation, a multi-national public company, as the Vice President of Internal Audit and Worldwide Consulting. Subsequent to DEKALB, Warren was a Managing Director at American Express Tax and Business Services and a Partner in the related audit entity of Altschuler, Melvoin %26 Glasser LLP (now part of RSM) and worked in the audit and consulting areas.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- Certified Public Accountant (Illinois, New York)
- Certified Internal Auditor
- Certification in Risk Management Assurance
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants; Illinois CPA Society
- Institute of Internal Auditors-Research Foundation Board of Trustees and Treasurer
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Advisory Board Member for the Department of Accountancy
- Vice President, Gies College of Business Alumni Association
- Dean’s Business Council
- Retired Board Member and Audit Committee Chair of Gateway Foundation, Inc., Chicago
- Warren is active with Chicago Cares.
Presentations and Publications
- Sept 2019 - NACD Directorship magazine article: Disrupt How the Board Functions to Avoid Being Disrupted: Managing risk and seizing opportunities requires a new approach
- March 2020 - IIA GAM Conference presentation: Exceeding Expectations of the Audit Committee
- Sept. 2020 - NACD Boardroom Guide article: Crisis as an Accelerator of Board Diversity
- BS, Accountancy, University of Illinois at Champaign – Urbana