- Transportation, logistics, warehousing and distribution
- Public company audit
- Private company audit
- International audit
Harris is a partner in Grant Thornton's Chicago office. After joining the Dallas audit practice in 2007, he has worked on both privately held and publicly traded companies ranging in revenue size from pre-revenue development to over $6 billion. Harris specializes in providing audit services to clients in the manufacturing and distribution industries and works extensively with companies who have significant international operations and multi-jurisdictional reporting requirements.
He has been involved in numerous merger and acquisition related activities with clients he has served, including developing integration plans and performing opening balance sheet audits. Prior to moving to Chicago, Harris completed a three-year secondment in Europe, where he focused on providing U.S. GAAP and IFRS reporting support to multi-national clients and providing strategic development support to the German and other European member firms of Grant Thornton International Limited.
Harris has significant experience with capital markets activity, including initial public offerings (including SPAC mergers), debt offerings and auditing portfolio companies of private equity groups. He also is experienced in assisting publicly held companies with fulfilling their reporting requirements for the Securities and Exchange Commission, including compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- CPA – Illinois and Texas
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Board Member and Family Enrichment Co-Chair, Red Shoe Society of Chicago
- National Partner sponsor, German American Chambers of Commerce
- Board Co-President, Red Shoe Society of Chicago
- Finance Committee member, Ronald McDonald House Charities - Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana
- Harris received a Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting from Baylor University in Waco, Texas.
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.