- Manufacturing, Transportation & Distribution
- Technology, media & telecommunications
- Not-for-profit & higher education
- Retail & consumer products
- Risk, Compliance & Controls
Nicholas C. Saracco
Nick is a Risk Advisory Principal with more than 19 years of experience in internal audit and controls advisory. Nick has primarily focused on governance, risk and compliance services, performing co-sourced and outsourced internal audits, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) readiness assessments and consulting, IPO Readiness, risk assessments, controls-based investigations, compliance audits, third party auditor reviews, internal audit department assessments and transformation, IT application controls (ITAC) reviews, quality assurance reviews (QAR), and restatement consulting.
In addition, Nick has also provided process improvement consulting, focusing on the key risks and controls within an end-to-end process. These services have most often been performed in conjunction with a system upgrade or implementation in an effort to better design the overall process and leverage the new technology. Nick works with a mix of public and private companies - both global and domestic.
His clients span numerous industries, including manufacturing / consumer and industrial products, healthcare and pharmaceutical, higher education, oil and gas, retail, technology, not for profit, and financial services / insurance.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) and an active member of the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Board of Governor member for the Institute of Internal Auditors – Chicago Chapter. Prior to this role, Nick served as the Treasurer of this Chapter for five years.
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance from the University of Notre Dame
- Supplemental major in Computer Applications from the University of Notre Dame
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.