Peter is a Partner in Tax Risk Management, Tax Practice Policy and Quality (TPQ) at Grant Thornton LLP. TPQ manages policy, procedure and risk in connection with the Firm’s Tax Services. In addition to special projects, examples of day-to-day matters include client engagement acceptance, return positions and disclosure matters, tax opinions, reportable transactions, and practice monitoring.
Prior to joining Grant Thornton LLP, Peter was a law firm tax partner. Peter has over 20 years of experience in representing public companies, significant privately held entities, and other clients in complex federal and state tax controversy, planning, and compliance matters.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- Peter is a licensed attorney admitted to practice law in Illinois, the U.S. Tax Court, the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, and the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. Peter is also a Certified Public Accountant.
- Chicago Tax Club
- Baker Demonstration School, Board Member
Presentations and publications
- Speaker, “IRS Audit Update,” Chicago Tax Club Meeting (April 7, 2014)
- Author, “Here Come the Summonses,” 2013 TNT 54-8 (March 20, 2013)
- Speaker, “Appeals and Controversy,” Insurance Tax Conference (December 6, 2012)
- Author, “Disguised Sales of Partnership Interests: Where Are We Now?,” 2012 TNT 64-6 (April 3, 2012)
- Peter received his B.S. in Accountancy from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 1990. Peter received a J.D. from the University of California at Berkeley in 1995 and was a member of the California Law Review.
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.