- Real estate and construction
- Technology and telecommunications
- Retail and consumer products
- State and local tax
Donald L. Lippert Jr.
Don Lippert is a principal with Grant Thornton LLP specializing in property tax services. He has over 25 years of professional experience. Don has comprehensive experience in personal property and real estate valuation services and is the National Leader for property tax services at Grant Thornton.
He has performed due diligence on multi-billion dollar utility projects and served as the National Deployment Leader of a Pollution Control Initiative, which reduced clients’ taxable base by taking exemptions from the market of their pollution-control equipment.
Prior to joining Grant Thornton, Don was a manager at General Electric where he oversaw all aspects of the property tax process for their Energy, Healthcare, Water and Industrial businesses. Under his direction, these businesses achieved over $105 million in property tax savings. He worked at KPMG prior to his time at GE.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- Institute of Professionals in Taxation (IPT) - Certified Member of the Institute (CMI)
- Licensed Senior Property Tax Consultant – State of Texas
- NEBB Institute – Certified Machinery & Equipment Appraiser (CMEA)
- International Society of Business Analysts – Senior Business Analyst (SBA)
- International Association of Assessing Officers – Member
- Appraisal Institute – Associate Member
- Published author and frequent speaker
- Bachelor of Science, Business Administration ― Bradley University
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.