- Real estate and construction
- Technology and telecommunications
- Retail and consumer products
- Audit and assurance
Rahul is a Partner in the National Professional Standards Group (NPSG) of Grant Thornton LLP. Rahul assists engagement teams and clients with technical accounting issues and monitors current accounting developments, under both U.S. GAAP and IFRS. Rahul is also involved in developing firm’s thought leadership on accounting issues, including liaising with Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB), International Accounting Standards Board (IASB), AICPA and Securities and Exchange Commission.
Rahul was a practice fellow at FASB from August 2011 through January 2016, where he provided technical depth and practical insight to assist the FASB in improving U.S. GAAP. Prior to joining the FASB, he was a senior manager in the firm’s NPSG, where he assisted engagement teams and firm’s clients with technical accounting issues. Prior to joining the NPSG, Rahul worked in the firm’s Dallas audit practice.
Rahul started his career working in the audit practice of Grant Thornton International’s Indian member firm in New Delhi focusing on clients that reported under U.S. GAAP.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- Certified Public Accountant–Illinois
- Chartered Accountant–India
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Bachelor of Commerce from Agra University, India
- Post Graduate Diploma in Information System Audit from The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.