- Real estate and construction
- Technology and telecommunications
- Transportation, logistics, warehousing and distribution
- Retail and consumer products
Bert Fox is the national managing partner Professional Standards. In this role, Fox will oversee the continued growth of the Professional Standards practice and will lead the firm’s national office teams over accounting principles, audit methodology, Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and regulatory matters, and independence and ethics. He also consults with businesses throughout the country on complex accounting matters, including business combinations, revenue recognition, share- and nonshare-based payments, and long-lived assets. From September 2007 to June 2009, Fox was a Professional Accounting Fellow in the Office of the Chief Accountant at the SEC. He was responsible for following the activities of various professional accounting standard-setting bodies both within the United States and globally, consulting with registrants on accounting and reporting matters, and participating in the development of the SEC’s and other standard-setting bodies’ rule proposals.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- CPA — North Carolina (#26438)
- Outstanding financial executives under the age of 40, Treasury and Risk magazine, October 2008
- BS, Business Administration, University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill
- MS, Accounting, University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.