Jim Fortosis is a Principal and Deputy General Counsel in the Risk, Regulatory & Legal Affairs group at Grant Thornton LLP where he manages securities and professional malpractice litigation and regulatory enforcement investigations. He also conducts training on risk management issues and counsels the audit and advisory service lines and the firm’s investment adviser subsidiary on compliance, risk and regulatory matters.
Prior to joining Grant Thornton, Fortosis was an attorney in the litigation practice at Sidley Austin LLP where he represented public companies and accounting firms and their professionals in securities litigation and government investigations.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- Bar Admission – Illinois
- Association of Corporate Counsel
Select presentations and publications
- “Efficient and Early Resolutions: Best Practices to Resolve Disputes Sooner Rather than Later,” Association of Corporate Counsel Continuing Legal Education, 2022
- “Confronting Reports of Illegal Conduct: Strategies for Public Companies and Auditors,” Association of Corporate Counsel Continuing Legal Education, 2021
- “Arizona Non-Lawyer Ownership in Law Firms & Implications for Accounting Firms,” Bloomberg Law, 2020
- JD, The University of Chicago Law School
- BA, Political Science, Wheaton College
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.