- Manufacturing, Transportation & Distribution
- Transportation & distribution
- Audit & assurance
Jennifer Cavanaugh is an Audit partner and Chief Auditor at Grant Thornton. In this role, she leads the Audit Methodology and Standards group within the Audit Quality and Risk group. Jennifer is responsible for the adoption, interpretation and application of U.S. and global auditing and attest standards.
Prior to assuming the role of Chief Auditor, Jennifer served as the National Professional Practice Director (NPPD) for the Central-North region. In her capacity as the NPPD, she provided support and collaborated with local engagement teams and their clients on matters relating to accounting, auditing and rules and regulations of applicable regulatory agencies. She has worked extensively with multi-national public and privately-held companies in her role as NPPD and as a lead engagement partner.
Jennifer has more than 30 years of experience serving clients in the manufacturing, distribution and professional services industries. She has worked with a broad range of public and private clients, including large and mid-size companies. She has also advised clients on mergers and acquisitions.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- CPA – Illinois, Florida
- Illinois CPA Society – Board Member
- Chicago Finance Exchange
- Jennifer is the chair of the governing board of Gilda’s Club Chicago, a free cancer support organization. She is also a board member of the Illinois CPA Society and is a member of the Indiana University Kelley School of Business Dean’s Council.
- Jennifer received a bachelor’s degree in business administration from the Kelley School of Business at Indiana University.
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.