- Transportation, logistics, warehousing and distribution
- Retail and consumer products
- Private equity
Michael Capone is an Audit Services partner and leader of Grant Thornton’s Distribution practice. Earlier, Capone served as the Midwest Region Consumer and Industrial Products industry leader. Capone has served a wide spectrum of public and private companies, predominantly in the manufacturing, retail and distribution industries. Prior to joining Grant Thornton, he was with an international accounting firm in Chicago. Included in his experience is a four-year secondment in Mexico, serving U.S.-based, multinational companies. Capone is also fluent in Spanish. He has extensive experience with public debt offerings and auditing portfolio investments of private equity groups. Capone also has two years of experience working within a specialty audit practice that dealt exclusively with private equity firms performing roll-up transactions.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- CPA — Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois
- European American Chamber of Commerce, Board Member
- Association for Corporate Growth, Board Member
- United Way, Local Office Campaign Chair
- BS, Accounting, University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.