- Real estate and construction
- Technology and telecommunications
- Transportation, logistics, warehousing and distribution
- Retail and consumer products
- Private equity
- Strategic federal tax
- State and local tax
- Tax innovation
- Public Sector
- Corporate tax
Rob is a Partner in Grant Thornton’s Strategic Federal Tax Services (“SFTS”) practice in the Atlanta office with over 21 years of experience and serves as the Southeast R&D Tax Credit practice leader, as well as the National Section 199 leader.
Rob’s role is to identify and manage tax planning opportunities to minimize the Company’s tax burden and respond to the Company’s tax service needs and issues. Rob has provided his clients with tax compliance and consulting services, specifically serving as the project manager and/or subject matter specialist on a number of large R&D tax credit and deduction, domestic production activities deduction, cost capitalization, and accounting method review engagements.
Rob has extensive experience representing clients before the Internal Revenue Service at both the field and appeals level. Rob has worked with the LMSB’s lead engineers to co-develop field work processes to help minimize the audit cycle. Rob has experience in various areas of corporate taxation, including mergers and acquisitions, due diligence reviews, state tax planning strategies and ASC 740 (formerly FAS 109).
Professional qualifications and memberships
- Certified Public Accountant (licensed in GA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountant
- Master of Taxation, University of Florida
- BS, Accounting, University of Florida
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.