- Retail and consumer products
- State and local tax
Veronica A. Caputo
Veronica is a Managing Director in the Atlanta State and Local Tax (SALT) Practice. She has over 18 years of tax experience, in both public accounting and private industry. She has served both large multistate and multinational corporations in the manufacturing, consumer products, wholesale, retail, financial services and pharmaceutical industries. Her practice concentrations include: multistate corporate income and franchise tax planning; accounting for income taxes and uncertain tax positions; compliance and refund reviews; audit defense; nexus studies; voluntary disclosure agreement negotiations to minimize state tax exposure; and credits and incentives.
Prior to joining Grant Thornton, Veronica spent seven years with a Big Four public accounting firm and also spent seven years in industry. Veronica’s roles in industry broadened her skill set as she was also responsible for federal income tax, sales and use tax, local gross receipts tax, and personal property taxes.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- CPA – Georgia and Pennsylvania
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Southeastern Association of Tax Administrators Industry Council, Grant Thornton Representative
Presentations and publications
- Veronica frequently presents at various industry and professional conferences. Recent presentations include: Southeast Regional State Tax Seminar (2017 & 2018) COST, Atlanta, GA and Jacksonville, FL; SALT Implications of Federal Tax Reform & Wayfair Update (2018) External Grant Thornton Webcast.
- Master of Science in Taxation from Villanova University.
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting from Bloomsburg University.
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.