- Technology and telecommunications
- Transportation, logistics, warehousing and distribution
- Retail and consumer products
- Tax reporting and advisory
Cort is a Tax Partner in our Atlanta office. He has over 15 years of public accounting experience where he has provided comprehensive income tax planning and consulting for his clients and their owners. Cort has significant experience providing his clients advice throughout their life cycle, including assisting his clients with analyzing the income tax impacts of acquisitions and divestitures, internal reorganizations, initial public offerings, and in seizing tax opportunities when his clients are constructing significant assets or entering new markets. Cort works with his clients and the firm’s Private Wealth Services Practice to ensure his closely held clients’ personal goals and business goals are aligned and tax efficient.
Cort also has significant experience co-sourcing and outsourcing his client’s income tax provision preparation processes, and assists the firm’s audit practice in leading the audit and quality control of large public and private company client income tax provisions.
Cort works with his client base to address complex tax matters, including tax accounting method issues and opportunities, assisting his clients with business combination accounting, merger and acquisition matters, due diligence reviews, as well as helping his clients navigate the IRS examination process. Cort has served clients in various industries including: manufacturing, distribution, retail, restaurant franchising, media, television broadcasting, and the software industry.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- Certified Public Accountant
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Woodruff Arts Center Corporate Capital Campaign Committee Member
- Master of Accounting in Taxation – University of Tennessee at Knoxville
- BS in Accounting – Florida State University
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.