- Technology and telecommunications
- Retail and consumer products
- State and local tax
Rob is based in Tampa, FL and is the National Managing Principal, Tax Digital Consulting, which focuses on helping clients undertake the digital transformation journey with consultative services and solutions. Tax Digital Consulting includes three service offerings: Enterprise Tax Automation, Tax Process Improvement, and Data Transformation & Analytics. Rob also serves on the Executive Tax Leadership Team for the firm.
Through the Tax Digital Consulting service offerings, his team drives the firm’s tax technology projects, including data transformation, workflows, analytics and visualizations; direct and indirect tax engine implementations, support and maintenance; process improvement of the entire tax function; and data strategies to drive efficiency, accuracy, and visibility for tax and finance departments.
Rob works with large enterprises in many industries, including technology, manufacturing, retail, healthcare, financial services, and hospitality. He speaks at both industry and professional association seminars, including Tax Executives Institute, the Florida Bar Tax Section Conference, the Council on State Taxation, the IPT Symposium, the Institute of Internal Auditors Conference, and the FICPA Mega Conference, among many others.
In addition, he has authored multiple articles on state taxation and has served as an expert witness in litigation for sales and use tax matters for two major international law firms.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- The Florida Bar – Sales and Use Tax Division Chairman, Executive Council Member
- Tampa YMCA, South Tampa Board Chair
- Florida State University Career Center Advisory Board
- GTI Indirect Tax Leader for the Americas Region
- Tampa Metropolitan YMCA, Board Member
Presentations and publications
- Teaching Tax Professionals to “Speak IT”: Practical Steps for Upgrading Tax Technology
- Procurement Tax in the Age of Analytics, Automation, and Big Data
- Getting up to speed with VAT/GST in emerging markets
- The Erosion of the Physical Presence Standard for Sales and Use Tax Nexus
- Florida State University College of Law, Juris Doctor
- Florida State University College of Business, Master of Business Administration
- Florida State University, BS, International Affairs
- Davidson College, BA, History
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.