- Real estate and construction
- Technology and telecommunications
- Retail and consumer products
- Hospitality and restaurants
- State and local tax
Chris has over eighteen years of experience in public accounting, with over sixteen years of State and Local Tax focus. He joined Grant Thornton in November 2005.
Chris has experience in numerous State and Local Tax service areas, including: income and franchise tax compliance for complex business structures with multiple legal entity types, business expansion consulting, legal entity optimization, refund opportunity reviews, apportionment studies, nexus analyses, state audit and controversy assistance, and ASC 740 preparation and documentation.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- Chris is a licensed CPA in Florida and a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. He is also a member of the Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants, serving on the FICPA Council, the Committee on State Legislative Policy, and the State Tax Committee where he previously served as both Vice Chair and Chair. Chris also served as chair of two COVID-19 State Tax Working Groups to develop recommended options to help revitalize the Florida economy.
- Chris previously served as a member of the Florida Board of Pilot Commissioners, on which he served as Vice Chair of the Pilotage Rate Review Committee and the Legislative Committee.
Presentations and publications
- Chris has spoken at a variety of webcasts and conferences, including the COST Annual Meeting and FICPA Mega CPE Conference. He has also authored numerous articles on various state and local tax matters.
- University of Florida, Master of Accountancy in Taxation
- University of Florida, Bachelor of Science in Finance
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.