Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Real estate and construction
- Private equity
- Hospitality and restaurants
Seth Siegel is the CEO of Grant Thornton LLP. He previously served as Grant Thornton’s office managing partner for South Florida, which includes offices in Miami and Fort Lauderdale. He has also served on the Grant Thornton Partnership Board as one of 10 members elected by the firm’s partners and principals to govern the partnership and oversee the work of the firm’s CEO.
Additionally, he has served as a member of the firm’s Audit Quality Advisory Council, providing practical and objective advice to ensure Grant Thornton consistently delivers high-quality audit services to the marketplace. Further, Siegel has served as a member of the Grant Thornton Experience Leadership Council — helping the firm’s CEO and Senior Leadership Team shape strategic and operational decisions across all service lines and geographies.
Siegel joined Grant Thornton in 1996 and became a partner in 2006 — having briefly left the firm in the late 1990s to work as a controller and a registered representative in the financial-services sector. He served as Grant Thornton’s Florida Audit practice leader from 2012 to 2019, with operational responsibility for the five offices in the state. In the role, he expanded the practice area and seeded exceptional growth in revenue and profitability, while maintaining excellent quality. Siegel previously led Grant Thornton’s Florida Real Estate, Construction and Hospitality industry group.
He received a bachelor’s degree in accounting from Florida Atlantic University and has completed the National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD) “Director Professionalism” program. He is a licensed certified public accountant (CPA) in the State of Florida, and a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and the Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA). He has also held Series 7, Series 63, Series 65 and Series 27 professional licenses in the securities industry.
Siegel is a member of the Florida Atlantic University School of Accounting Advisory Board, and previously served as the board’s president. In addition, he is a past vice president of the Hospitality Financial and Technology Professionals, South Florida Chapter. He is currently on the Board of Directors and a member of the Audit Committee for the Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital Foundation and the Memorial Hospital Foundation. In addition, he has served on boards and committees for various charitable and community organizations.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- CPA -- Florida
- Member -- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member -- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA)
- Completed National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD) “Director Professionalism” program
- Previously held Series 7, Series 63, Series 65 and Series 27 professional licenses in the securities industry
- Advisory Board and Past President -- Florida Atlantic University School of Accounting
- Board of Directors and member of the Audit Committee -- Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital Foundation and the Memorial Hospital Foundation
- Past Vice President -- Hospitality Financial and Technology Professionals, South Florida Chapter
- BS, Accounting, Florida Atlantic University
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.