National Managing Partner, Hospitality and Restaurants
Alex is a partner in Grant Thornton’s audit services practice based in Fort Lauderdale with almost 20 years of experience serving publicly traded and privately held clients in an accounting
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Real estate and construction
- Hospitality and restaurants
Alex is a partner in Grant Thornton’s audit services practice based in Fort Lauderdale with almost 20 years of experience serving publicly traded and privately held clients in an accounting, auditing and consulting capacity. Alex leads the Hospitality and Restaurant industry practice for Grant Thornton nationally.
Alex’s experience includes serving as primary client contact and service coordinator for financial statement and integrated audits and reviews as well as working with clients to co-develop specialized procedures to address identified accounting, reporting, internal control, operational and governance issues.
Alex has a strong background in dealing with accounting issues related to business combinations, real estate transactions, leases, intangibles, and valuation.
Throughout his career, Alex has provided auditing and consulting services with a focus on hospitality, restaurants and real estate including timeshare developers, hotel developers and owners, restaurant chains and franchisees. Alex also has extensive experience working with residential and commercial real estate asset managers, funds, investors, operators, and developers invested in multiple asset types.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- Certified Public Accountant, Florida, Virginia
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) – Member
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA) – Member
- Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce – Executive Committee, Board of Directors, Audit Committee Chair, Real Estate Committee Chair
Leadership Miami, Class of 2010
- Pennsylvania State University, BS Accounting with Highest Distinction
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.