Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Construction & real estate
- Hospitality & Restaurants
- Audit & assurance
Alex is an audit partner and serves as National Managing Partner of our Hospitality and Restaurants industry practice, which includes audit, tax and advisory services.
Alex brings over 23 years of experience serving as primary client contact and service coordinator for financial statement and integrated audits and reviews as well as working with clients to co-develop specialized procedures to address identified accounting, reporting, internal control, operational and governance issues. He has experience as lead SEC engagement partner for accelerated and large accelerated filer integrated audits as well as IPO, spin-off, and merger transactions. Alex has a strong background in dealing with accounting issues related to business combinations, real estate transactions, leases, intangibles, and valuation.
Throughout his career, Alex has provided auditing and consulting services with a focus on hospitality, restaurants and real estate including restaurant chains and franchisees. Alex also has experience auditing private clubs, timeshare developers, hotel developers and owners, residential and commercial real estate asset managers, funds, investors, operators, developers invested in multiple asset types, as well as casinos, sports betting and online gaming operators.
Alex is actively involved in hospitality-focused industry associations and conferences, including American Resort Development Association, the National Restaurant Association, the Nevada Society of CPAs and the Restaurant Finance and Development Conference.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- Certified Public Accountant, Florida, Virginia
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) – Member
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA) – Member
Community and industry involvement
- Audit committee member and finance committee member, American Resort Development Association
- Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce – Executive Committee, Board of Directors, Past Real Estate Committee Chair
- Leadership Miami, Class of 2010
Presentations and publications
Frequent contributor to hospitality industry articles, podcasts, conference panels, CPE programs and webcasts
- Pennsylvania State University, BS Accounting with Highest Distinction
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.