- Technology and telecommunications
- Private equity
- Hospitality and restaurants
- Valuation and modeling
- Mergers and acquisitions
John N. Seidensticker
John has been with the Valuation %26 Modeling Group at Grant Thornton for over sixteen years. His experience includes engagements involving the valuation of businesses, intangible assets and financial instruments for tax, financial reporting, corporate planning purposes, and litigation support purposes.
He performs complex valuations for FASB ASC 820, FASB ASC 718, and IRC 409(A) purposes, using Monte Carlo simulation, Binominal Lattice and Black-Scholes models. This includes the valuation of complex equity and debt securities, including embedded derivatives and stock compensation awards. John also performs valuations for business combination purposes (assets and liabilities acquired), goodwill and long-lived asset impairment tests, and equity allocations utilizing the Option Pricing and Probability-Weighted Expected Return Methods.
He has served private and public clients in a wide range of industries, including technology, private equity, restaurant and hospitality, consumer and industrial products, education, manufacturing, sports / entertainment, pharmaceuticals, energy, construction, alternative energy, financial services, consulting, and telecommunications.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- CFA Charterholder and Member
- CFA Institute Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) and Member
- American Society of Appraisers
Presentations and publications
- Cross-Border M&A Valuation Techniques & Considerations: AICPA 2015 Global Manufacturing Conference
- Discounts for Lack of Marketability & Control: Louisiana CPA Society 2015 BV Workshop
- Valuation of Equity: GT 2014 Advisory University
- Master of Business Administration, Financial Analysis, with Distinction, DePaul University
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, University of Denver
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.