San Jose, California
- Technology and telecommunications
- Audit and assurance
Andrea Schulz serves as Grant Thornton LLP’s national managing partner for Technology. In this role, she oversees the growth and operations of the firm’s Technology industry practice, which encompasses a full range of audit, tax and advisory services.
Located in San Jose, Andrea has nearly 20 years of experience working with businesses ranging from privately-held emerging growth companies to publicly traded global companies in the technology industry, focusing on the SaaS industry. She has led audits of companies experiencing rapid transformational periods due to extreme growth and IPOs. Andrea proactively teams with management teams to ensure companies attain their desired milestones. She has broad experience with the regulatory requirements of becoming public, business combinations, revenue recognition, as well as internal control matters on integrated audits.
Andrea embraces and advocates for the adoption of technology in the auditing and accounting profession to provide management with deeper insights into the business. She is a frequent speaker at professional conferences and academic events on innovating the future of audit and accounting through artificial intelligence, machine learning, and natural language processing.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- Certified Public Accountant
- Technology and Telecommunications – Foundational Badge
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) - Foundational Badge
- Board Member, Career Girls
- Master of Professional Accounting – Auditing & Assurance with Honors, University of Washington - Michael G. Foster School of Business
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration with Distinction, Cum Laude, Accounting, University of Washington - Michael G. Foster School of Business
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.